Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Edna's Delish Cheese Potatoes

  Growing up my grandmother used to make the best cheese potatoes. I enjoyed them so much that at Christmas I would ask her to make them for me. I adjusted her recipe to help me adjust my waist size! I do on occasion make it just the way she did.
  I could only get reduced fat Cabot cheese in yellow at my local grocery store. She always used the white Cabot so feel free if you can find it to use either.
 Eat Delish!!!

Edna's Delish Cheese Potatoes

Serves: 12
Serving Size: 1/12 of an 8x8in baking pan
Old Points: 3
Points +: 4

2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup of Fat Free Milk
8oz. Grated 50% less Fat Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
1 Garlic Clove
1 Pound of Potatoes Peeled and Thinly Sliced

1. Melt butter on low heat in a quart size sauce pan.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook on medium heat until tender.
3. Add flour and stir until blended.
4. Turn heat to med./high and add all the milk. Stir continuously until thick and boiling.
5. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
6. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non stick spray and cover the bottom with a thin layer of cheese sauce.
7. Add a layer of potatoes and cover with sauce, continue to layer the potatoes and sauce until they are gone ending with sauce.
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove foil and allow to brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment